February 19th, 2013
And they did. Such a simple recipe and all you need to make them is:
To make these yummy cupcakes follow this recipe…
1. Cream together the butter and the caster sugar in a mixing bowl until pale and fluffy.
2. The add the eggs one at a time.
3. Fold in the flour and vanilla essence.
4. Line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners and fill each one half way.
5. Dollop one teaspoon of lemon curd on top and then fill with the second half of the cake mix.
<6. Bake at 180 (160 for fan assisted ovens) for approximately 20minutes then allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
7. Make the buttercream icing by creaming together the icing sugar with the rest of the butter and use a piping bag with nozzle to pipe it onto your cupcakes. Then sprinkle over some crushed meringue and you’re done!
It is a very quick and easy recipe which is why I like it so much. They taste like a lot more work and effort has gone into making them then there actually has, always a bonus! The lemon curd adds great flavour and isn’t to strong or overpowering. The dollop in the middle is a nice surprise as you bite into the cupcake. The meringue adds that last bit of sweetness, but also a bit of crunch for texture, this is what makes these cupcakes unique. Such a simple sprinkling of crumbs gives such a decorative finish.
Give them a try!